The Quiet Graveyard...


Submerged in own thoughts,
I walked along
the old graveyard.
Daffodils, the cemetery favorite,
etched on stones ...
swaying throughout the graveyard.
A distinct quietness beholds,
The dainty sound of rise and fall of own breath,
the only substance of human distraction.
With the surety of death the stones sing
"The living come today
To read us and go away"
Treading ahead with tired eyes,
I touch each stone,
feeling their faded memories hidden beneath each,
when one stone draws my attention,
belonging to a young girl,
not having a chance to fully live
touching her stone was like touching her heartbeat,
telling me in silent words...
" No difference lies between you and me,
I am tucked away
deep down the stone,
and you are tucked away
deep into your own thoughts of the world,
People would crumble your tender heart anyways,
Soon friendship loses it's light,
so come and bury your thoughts here,
I already made peace with my own,
now it's your turn"

© Meghna, 2019, All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Drink

My GOD!

Dash Of Disapassion in My Life ....