The Gifts


The pink butterflies,
Hopping from one flower to another,
Collecting the sweet nectar.
The dried rustling leaves spread across,
Adding to the ruddiness of the forest.
The musical quietness.
The warm scent.
All this made their hideout.
With the two tiny transparent wings,
They glided from one corner to another.
Perfect epitome of beauty,
Outshining with a radiance so brilliant.
Ready to bestow gifts on those who are friends of the brown.
The magical wands they carried,
Sprinkled the golden dust on me all over.
Conferred upon five gifts,
To bless my journey remaining-
“Candles that light up life,
Incense that delights the senses,
Oil that nourishes,
Clay that holds,
Jewelry that beautifies.”
Holding the five tight,
I leapt on my feet,
To board the train,
To the next station of my life ...

© Meghna, 2019, All rights reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Drink

My GOD!

Dash Of Disapassion in My Life ....